What is the value of
Much of the value is impossible to quantify – the provocative ideas, the collegial support, the powerful trust network made up of the best of your peers – but there are many aspects that can be easily counted…
…and the value of your membership at NAREIM can far outstrip the cost.
Annual membership fee: $12,000
Meeting fee for individual meetings: $200 – $1,500
$12,000 to $100,000 + per year (broken out below)
1. MEETINGS – $2,000 – $40,000
NAREIM membership allows any number of firm associates to participate at both the executive and professional band level. Meetings provide intense networking opportunities, leadership training, new market information and challenging ideas about disruptions facing the industry. The value estimate above was determined through a comparison to a scenario where 30 associates within your firm become members and attend ULI, PREA or other association meetings.
CEOs, COOs or equivalent senior managers of NAREIM member firms can attend this meeting in the Fall to focus on high level strategic and operational issues.
Professional Band Meetings
Different professional bands of real estate investment management firms, are able to meet in-person annually. Meetings currently include:
Acquisitions & Dispositions
Compliance & Legal Services
Architecture & Engineering
Sustainability & Investment Management
Capital Raising & Investor Relations
A small group of NAREIM leaders and commercial real estate thought leaders focused on the law, investment sales, operation, engineering and accounting are invited to gather once a year for a broader, yet still very intimate dialogue on the issues facing the industry.
2. SURVEYS/REPORTS – $14,000 +
The annual compensation and management benchmark survey retail to non-members for $8,000 a piece. The other surveys do not have a price tag attached to them – but a recent user of the Member Generated Survey service claimed that they saved a $25,000 consultant fee by answering a critical question about their operations.
Surveys and reports include:
- Annual Compensation Survey
- Annual Management Benchmark Survey
- Member Generated Surveys – NAREIM members can answer questions through NAREIM’s ongoing membership surveying.
- Meeting Reports
- Quarterly NAREIM Dialogues journal includes thought provoking articles and reports from NAREIM members and others.
- Recruiting and job fairs – Through relationships with leading university real estate programs, NAREIM organizes recruiting and job fairs for members to reach some of the brightest new talent entering the field.
3. THOUGHT LEADERSHIP – $5,000 – $50,000
The value depends on how much your firm participates – but placement in publications can cost anywhere from $5,000 to $50,000 when done through a public relations firm. NAREIM members participate in regular articles and discussions with media to represent the point-of-view of the industry, and are supported in their efforts to raise their individual profiles in the media.