NAREIM provides the opportunity to refine strategy, improve operations, and provoke new thinking through meetings, surveys and thought leadership activities.
“NAREIM is unique in its ability to allow our team the opportunity to engage in timely and pertinent dialogue with other investment managers across a broad spectrum. The collegial atmosphere encourages a move toward best practices in delivering the highest level of service to our clients.”
Primary members made up of the CEOs, COOs or equivalent senior managers of NAREIM member firms; attend these two meetings per year in the Spring & Fall to focus on high level strategic and operational issues.
PROFESSIONAL BAND MEETINGS
Different professional bands of real estate investment management firms, are able to meet in-person annually and on the phone throughout the year. Meetings currently include:
- Acquisitions & Asset Management
- Compliance & Legal Services
- Architecture & Engineering
- Human Resources
- Capital Raising & Investor Relations
- Accounting & IT
Intimate breakfast or lunch meeting discussions are conducted throughout the year hosted by member firms and conducted by NAREIM Staff. This is an excellent way to extend member firm thought leadership through active dialogue in their markets.
20/20 INVESTOR SUMMIT
A small group of NAREIM leaders and commercial real estate thought leaders focused on the law, investment sales, operation, engineering and accounting gather once a year for a broader, yet still very intimate dialogue on the issues facing the industry.
Critical surveys for investment managers include:
- Annual Compensation Survey
- Annual Management Benchmark Survey
- Quarterly CEO Pulse Surveys – short qualitative surveys to provoke insights on key topical issues.
- Member Generated Surveys – NAREIM members can answer questions through NAREIM’s ongoing membership surveying.
- Meeting Reports
- Quarterly NAREIM Dialogues journal includes thought provoking articles and reports from NAREIM members and others.
Through relationships with leading university real estate programs, NAREIM organizes recruiting and job fairs for members to reach some of the brightest new talent entering the field.
NAREIM members participate in regular articles and discussions with media to represent the point-of-view of the industry, and are supported in their efforts to raise their individual profiles in the media.