“There is no problem so complicated that you can’t find a very simple answer to it if you look at it right … Or put it another way, “The future of computer power is pure simplicity.”
– Douglas Adams
CFOs, Controllers, and Leaders of Information Technology should all put this meeting on their calendars. Over two days, NAREIM will facilitate detailed discussions with the best of your peers in provocative topics that directly impact what you and your operations need to understand and act upon now.
Conference participants can up to 11.5 CPE credits in various fields of study:
-Economics -Accounting -Managed Advisory Services -Computer Science
-Regulatory Ethics -Business Management & Organization -Administrative Practice
To register for this meeting, click here.
To view a draft agenda, click here.
For a report from last year’s meeting click here.
Discussion topics will include:
- A current view of the real estate economy
- FASB, Changing Regulations & Tax Laws – and how it all impacts your systems and processes
- Compliance: Why do we hate it so much, and what should we do about it?
- New SEC Guidelines for Cyber Security: What is “Enough” Security? How Should You Prepare for a Breach? What is a CISO and Should You Have One Now?
- Accounting & IT: Are We “Back-Office Support” or Are We Strategic Partners?
- How Much Accounting & IT Should Be Outsourced?
- Data Governance & Security: What Should We Focus on Now?
- Now That Everyone is in “the Cloud”, What Should We Worry About?
- Future Data, Future Information: What Are We Overlooking Now and What Should We Prepare For in Future?
Registration is $600.
From 10AM on May 6th to 2PM on May 7th, we will meet at the University of Chicago Gleacher Center at 450 N Cityfront Plaza Drive, right off of Michigan Avenue near the Chicago River.
On Wednesday, May 6 at 6PM, cocktails and dinner will be at Phil Stefani’s at 437 Rush Street (right behind the Wrigley Building).
We have a block of rooms negotiated for the rate of $359 at The Langham Hotel, 330 North Wabash, Chicago, IL 60611 (which is close to the office, next to the Trump Tower on the river). You can call the hotel at 312 923 9988 or contact Sally Van Der Bosch at 312 884 5182, email@example.com
NAREIM is accredited through the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Concerns regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
Perquisites: NAREIM membership (or by inquiry)
Advanced Preparation: None
Program Level: Update
Delivery Method: Group-Live
For more information regarding refund, concerns, and/or program cancellation policies, please contact our offices at 312.884.5182 and talk to Sally Van Der Bosch.
6 May 2015 to 7 May 2015
10:00 AM - 2:30 PM
University of Chicago Gleacher Center
450 N Cityfront Plaza Dr
Chicago IL 60611